All the features needed in a magnetic locator, ergonomically designed for complete one-handed operation; so your other hand is free to use other equipment. Locate ferrous objects underground, underwater, or in snow; PK Nails, Iron Pipes, Valve Covers, Masonry Nails, Manhole Covers, Cast Iron Water and Gas Lines, Surveyors Markers and More.
Please note: This magnetic locator is shown as yellow in the picture, but is sold as green.
Object Depth. Depth Reception various on ground surface and mass of object.
Small Masonry Nail: up to 6 inches
Large Masonry Nail: up to 8 inches
Valve Box: up to 8 feet
Manhole Cover: up to 8 feet
5" Iron Pipe: up to 8 feet
Large Iron Tank: up to 15 feet
Large LCD Display
- Digital readout and bar graph allow you to locate visually
- Used with audio tone allows for pinpoint accuracy, even in congested search areas
- Segmented battery level indicator means no power loss surprises
- Indicator cautions when detecting a power line
Erase Function (MT202 Only)
- Lets you block out interference from a magnetic disturbance (such as a nearby fence)
- Lets you adjust volume and sensitivity with the same hand that holds the locator
- No mechanical controls, membrane is sealed from dust and moisture
- Enhanced to produce a richer tone for easier locating.
- Lightweight (only 3 lbs.)
- Water-resistant housing permits use in the rain
- Ergonomic handle with textured grip
Six "AA" 11/2 Volt Batteries, 100 hours of intermitten operation (with alkaline batteries), Approximately 2 lbs with batteries, 4' - 2 3/4" Length.
- Five year manufacturer's limited warranty