The Johnson Level 40-6420 magnetic locator with LCD display is ideal for detecting any ferrous metal object above or under the ground such as locating survey corner markers, PK and Mag Nails, valve boxes and curb boxes, steel and iron pipes, well casings, steel tanks, lost tools and downed and buried fence lines. It can also be used for the detection of ferrous metal objects and weapons on persons or for underwater search and detection of submerged vehicles, UXO's and mines, salvageable wrecks, pipes and cables.
- Varying pitch audio signal mode using a moving coil speaker for enhanced audio output.
- Waterproof - sensor tube up to 27.5" and water resistant design.
- Easy to use - one handed operation with three button keypad. Rugged construction suitable for field conditions
- Detection of buried ferrous metal objects at depths up to 8 feet: Hand gun - one to two feet, 175mm projectile - four to five feet, 55 gallon drum - six to ten feet. Detection of ferrous metal objects and weapons on persons
- 40-6420 features digital LCD display with expanding bar graph indicating polarity and relative signal strength and low battery indicator
- Provides gain setting indicator icon and eight sensitivity settings
- 40 hours operational life (intermittent usage). Lightweight - 2.3 lbs including batteries. Operating temperature: -13 degrees to 140 degrees F (-25 degrees to 60 degrees C). Overall length: 30" (99cm)
- Sensor tube constructed of aircraft grade aluminum continuous from handle to sensor tip
- Control box housing material is high impact ABS plastic. Withstands a vertical drop of six feet onto hard surface. Limited lifetime warranty
- Magnetic locator
- (4) 9V (2 Spare) Alkaline batteries
- Soft-sided carrying case
- Three 9V alkaline batteries
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty