Leica Geosystems DigiCat 550i Model Number 780232 (60Hz) allows workers to detect buried utilities with ease. The DigiCat 550i from Leica Geosystems is a part of the Leica products brand. Construction companies as well as utility companies want to protect their employees and equipment. Specifically designed to reduce human error, this intelligent and unique underground utility location device will not only increase site safety but also save time and money. From excavation contractors to gas, electric and cable TV companies, having accurate information about the location of underground utilities is not only essential but mandatory in the engineering and construction industry.
The Leica Geosystems DigiCat 550i provides state of the art digital signal processing technology. The robust, lightweight design was specifically engineered for tough work site conditions. The highly visible LCD digital display has a built-in light sensor which automatically activates the backlight in low light or dark conditions. The Leica Geosystems DigiCat 550i offers surveying with maximum freedom and flexibility. More features of this instrument includes depth indication, enhanced sonde detection, hazard zone alerting for close proximity of buried services and pinpoint assistance for swift accurate service positions. The Leica Geosystem DigiCat 550-i location tool is rugged, efficient and will meet all the needs of your tracing operations.
Leica Digisystem DigiCat 550i Features:
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing technology(DSP) for precision service locating.
- Automatic controls – making the Digicat easy to use, requiring minimal user training.
- Starts in Power Mode – ensuring the most potentially dangerous current carrying services are detected first for maximum operator safety.
- Hazard Zone – the new feature which indicates the presence of a shallow buried service in power, 8kHz, 33kHz and Auto mode, (within approximately 1 ft/30 cm) alerting users to the increased risk.
- Built-in test function – allowing operators to test the hardware and software functionality of the Digicat before use.
- Added benefit of utility depth estimation to 10 ft/3 m for additional survey information (Digicat 550i model only)
- Highly visible digital LCD display with built-in light sensor, automatically enabling the backlight in dark conditions.
- Robust, light weight design, specifically engineered for tough site conditions.
- Auto Mode – Convenient for initial site occupation, simultaneously scanning in Power and Radio
Leica Geosystems DigiCat 550i Specifications:
- Power mode: 60 Hz
- Radio mode: 15 kHz to 60 kHz
- Generator mode: 8 kHz and 33 kHz
- Auto mode: Equals Power + Radio mode
- Depth: Power to 3 m, Radio to 2 m, Generator Mode to 3 m
- Depth Estimation (8 kHz & 33 kHz): 10% of depth in line or sonde (0.3 m to 3.0 m depth range)
- Protection: Conforms to IP54
- Batteries: 6 x AA alkaline (IEC LR6) (supplied)
- Battery Life: 40 hours intermittent use (at 20°C)
- Weight: 2.7 kg including batteries
- One Year Manufacturers Warranty
- Leica Geosystems DigiCat 550i
- (6) AA batteries
- Quick Start Guide and CD-ROM including User Manual and Certificate of Conformity