The Leica DISTO D8 offers, in addition to what the DISTO D5 can do, plus:
- By means of the integrated BLUETOOTH technology you can directly transfer data to your computer and thus avoid costly typing mistakes. (Apple computers and tablets are not supported.)
- The combination of a high precision distance meter and tilt sensor with an intelligent measuring function helps to solve measuring problems that up till now needed considerably more expensive solutions.
360° tilt sensor
The combination of angle and distance measurements allows you to determine distances where conventional methods fail. The horizontal distance, for example, can also be determined quickly and efficiently past obstacles or the elevation of a tree, even though there is no reflective point.
Thanks to the digital Pointfinder with its 4x zoom and high resolution 2,4" color display, you can target long range objects quickly and easily with the digital Pointfinder.
With integrated BLUETOOTH technology, measurement results can be wireless and accurately transferred to laptops, tablets, and desktop PC running windows based operating systems (Apple computers and tablets are not supported). Thus you can easily process your data in Excel, Word, AutoCAD and other programs.
The delivery package contains the transfer software "Leica DISTO Transfer" – easy to install and with automatic updates. The AutoCAD plug-in additionally allows convenient planning and drawing with your AutoCAD software.
With the Leica DISTO D8 you can also indirectly determine the elevation on inaccessible buildings. Thus the Leica DISTO can be a life saver as well.
- Measuring range — 650'
- Accuracy — ± 0.04"
- Power supply — 2 AA batteries
- Ingress protection rating — IP54 (equipment is protected against dust and splashing water)
- Operating temperature range — 14 °F - 122 °F
- Dimensions — 2.17" W x 5.65" H x 1.18" D
- Three year manufacturer's warranty