The Schonstedt Tracemaster II is the first pipe and cable locator on the market to offer a remote link between the transmitter and the receiver units. Schonstedt's most popular TraceMaster, the TMS-001-AF is capable of operating in three frequencies (575 Hz, 8 kHz, 82 kHz), making it an ideal choice for electric, telecommunications and water/gas/sewer applications. With three classes of frequencies, it's the most versatile locator on the market.
- Transmitter built into a hard carrying case (Tx5)
- Transmitter case carrying strap (S00024)
- Padded receiver carrying case
- Conductive clip assembly (TM70000)
- Ground stake (208263)
- 8 AA batteries for the receiver
- 1 rechargeable NiMH pack for the transmitter
- 3" inductive signal clamp (TM60000) is sold separately
- 5" inductive signal clamp (TM60001) is sold separately
- 7" inductive signal clamp (TM60002) is sold separately
- Designed to withstand the rigors of daily on-site usage and a wide range of environmental conditions
- The receiver's LCD panel is uncomplicated and intuitive with only two buttons (frequency and depth) and two knobs (gain and volume)
- Receiver can operate in manual or automatic gain modes
- When in active mode, the receiver can operate in three frequencies:
- Mid-range frequency (8 kHz) — This frequency will not usually jump to adjacent conductors, but may jump across non-conductive joints in a pipe for longer tracing. It is a good general-purpose frequency for medium length tracing in areas with low congestion.
- Low frequency (575 Hz) — This frequency will not jump to adjacent conductors and is typically used with good conductors, in congested areas, or when a long distance trace is required.
- High frequency (82 kHz) — This frequency can typically jump to adjacent conductors and is commonly used for short tracing in poor conductors, such a cast iron and other similar pipes.
- No transmitter settings are required
- Transmitter case has a built-in storage compartment for cables, ground stake and inductive clamps (sold separately)
- Three year manufacturer's warranty
- If customer returns warranty card to Schonstedt, customer gets 6 months extension on warranty.