Please DO NOT ship returns to our headquarters location as we have multiple warehouse locations. You must wait to get approval and instructions from us before attempting any return. ANY UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED OR REFUNDED.
STEP ONE - Request a Resolution
Please read our returns policy at the bottom of this page before completing the issue notification form. To return a product for any reason, including damage or defect, begin the returns process by choosing one of the options below.
Please be sure to enter your e-mail address and phone number correctly to ensure that we may contact you concerning your return. By submitting our issue notification form online or via fax, you agree to our return policy.
Please Note: If a replacement product is requested, we reserve the right to have a technician attempt to trouble-shoot via phone and/or email prior to making a return and having a replacement shipped. Some of our products are very technical in nature and many times the issues our customer’s experience can be resolved with technical support.
STEP TWO - Receive an RMA Number and Return of Product
Once the form has been submitted either electronically or by fax, our Returns Manager will review the request. If the request meets the requirements of our return policy (stated below), we will provide return instructions and a Return of Material Authorization (RMA) number. Please allow several days for the RMA to be generated. The RMA # must be highly visible on the exterior of the package. We suggest you use a permanent marker and clear, block lettering to do this. We highly recommend using a carrier which assigns tracking numbers, such as UPS or FedEx. The customer must provide a tracking number for any return made.
DO NOT ship returns to our headquarters location as we have multiple warehouse locations. Returns can only be made to the address provided with the RMA and return instructions.
STEP THREE - Completion of Return
Non-defective returned merchandise must arrive in new and unused condition in the original packaging materials. Once the merchandise has been received by the warehouse you were instructed to ship to, it will be inspected and either it will be replaced or a refund will be issued if the merchandise can be returned to inventory and resold. Purchases will be refunded via the same payment method you provided when you placed your order.
All return request forms must be submitted within 30 days of the delivery date of an order. Any request submitted after this time period will be denied.
- All items must be returned in the original packaging, and must be in new, resalable condition. Items purchased as a package or kit must be returned in full. No partial returns are allowed.
- Consumable items, such as paper products, refills for electric erasers, replacement cartridges, etc., cannot be returned. Please see our list of non-returnable products by clicking here.
- Items that are packaged in blister packs (thick plastic covering that requires the use of scissors to open) must be returned in the un-opened packages. If the blister package has been opened, the item is not eligible for return.
- Items which are considered special orders are non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable. Special orders include, but are not limited to, custom paint colors on products.
- Refunds will not be made on merchandise that is:
- fully or partially assembled
- not in new, resalable condition
- damaged due to use/mishandling by the customer
Authorized returns of non-defective/damaged merchandise will be refunded in full minus a 20% restocking fee and shipping. Shipping is non-refundable.
- Restocking fees are waived if the customer places a new order of equal or greater value within 10 business days of submitting the return request form.
Returns must be shipped and the tracking number provided within 10 business days after we issue the RMA number to you.
- We recommend that you use a shipping company such as UPS or FedEx that offers a tracking feature when making a return.
- Return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer, unless otherwise advised.
- If within 30 days the item(s) is not returned, you will be responsible for payment of the item(s), and your original form of payment will be charged as applicable.
Notification of defective/damaged products:
- We strongly advise that our customers inspect and test any product immediately upon receipt. If any product is found to be defective or damaged, please notify us immediately upon noting the issue.
- Please be aware that pictures of any damage will be requested. You may send these pictures before they are requested to email@example.com and include your order number in the subject line.
- We request that the shipment be inspected and any damage be reported within 24 hours of delivery to the shipping company and if possible, that the customer note "DAMAGE" on the delivery confirmation paperwork.
- Replacements for defective/damaged items are subject to inspection prior to a replacement shipping to you. You will be informed of when the replacement will ship once we have contacted the warehouse.
- After our 30 day return period, any defective or damaged item is ineligible for refund but may be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer will need to be contacted for any details relating to warranty.
- Unauthorized returns will not be refunded.
- Restocking fees are charged if the customer refuses a shipment without a return authorization number or prior approval.
- Any undeliverable order which is returned to the warehouse due to either incorrect address or the customer not being available for delivery will be charged a reshipping fee and may incur additional fees as well.
- Any order shipped to a freight forwarder is not eligible for return.
For returns which are past the 30 day period, purchases made through EngineerSupply are no longer authorized to be returned or refunded. After this time, products may be covered by their respective manufacturers' warranty. In some instances, manufactures will offer replacement or repair at their discretion. For your convenience, we can provide the manufacturers' contact information for your product.
We are always interested in receiving feedback for any of the products and brands we sell. If you have any comments you wish to share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.