Our Most Popular Selling Grade Rod, the Crain SVR Surveyors Series Grade Rod.
The Crain Surveyors SVR Series is a very popular and well-built Fiberglass Surveying Grade/Level Rod, and is a recommended product by the EngineerSupply Product Team. We have not seen a higher quality or tougher grade rod than the Crain SVR Series.
The Crain SVR Series Leveling/Grade Rod incorporates many versatile design advantages not found in other leveling rods. The SVR Series features a newly redesigned locking mechanism that is tight and accurate, an unique shape, a special measuring scale, compatibility with laser levels and EDM systems. The SVR has a rectangular-oval shape, and flat on the front and back with round corners. This convenient shape prevents the scale from rolling, making observation much easier, and is easy on the hands. The rod is also water-proof, corrosion-resistant, and non-conductive.
In addition to being a leveling rod on the front, the SVR rod has a measuring scale on the back (with the exception of the dual-scaled rods) that allow the user to read overall height measurements at eye level, which is useful in making clearance and height measurements. Also on the back-side with the measuring scale, there are alternate 1' red and white markings that are suitable for stadia purposes.
Improved Locking Mechanism
The newly redesigned locking mechanism now features round buttons. Tight and accurate, the lock is specifically designed to resist jamming from sand and dirt.
Easy to disassemble
Simply press the lock buttons and pull the sections out. To further disassemble, a Phillips screwdriver is needed (screwdriver sold separately).
- SVR Series leveling rods have a rectangular-oval shape with wide, sharp, glare-resistant scales that are uniform in size throughout the length of the rod.
- Water-proof, corrosion-resistant, and non-conductive.
- Bold alternate red and white range markings on back side are suitable for stadia purposes.
- Easy to transport. The newly redesigned 25 Foot SVR has a collapsed length of 58-1/2".
- Constructed of strong fiberglass with special reinforcing ribs to resist breakage and add stability.
- A special measuring scale on the back side of the rod allows the user to read overall heights at eye-level, which is useful in many clearance and height measurements.
- The locking mechanism is tight and accurate, yet designed to resist jamming from sand and dirt. The lock features round buttons.
- The individual sections are numbered for identification and sections and repair parts are available.
- Sturdy Nylon Carrying Case Included (includes carrying handle and shoulder strap).
- Top section features a 1/4 x 20 female adapter on very top
- One year manufacturer's limited warranty included
The SVR Level Rod is available in two lengths, a 17-foot version or a 25-foot version, as well as Metric Versions.
Model SVR-17 (17 Feet Long)
Number of Sections: 4
Collapsed Length: 56.9"
Model SVR-25 (25 Feet Long)
Number of Sections: 6
Collapsed Length: 58.5"
Includes: Crain SVR Series Fiberglass Grade Rod, Nylon Carrying Case with Carrying Handle and Shoulder Strap, and One-Year Manufacturers Warranty.